Monday 16 January 2012

Music Theatre Dork Mondays: First Edition


Welcome to Music Theatre Dork Mondays! Depending on what (or who) I'm feeling inspired by for the week, this feature will be full of different things! It will cover anything and everything from songs or shows I'm shamefully crushing on, composers I love, and sometimes I'll chat a bit about 'tick, tick... BOOM!' - the inaugural show of my company, Half-Pint Theatre!

Today - I'm leaving all y'all with a song I'm currently loving by one of my favourite contemporary composers - William Finn. Most people (or at least everyone in my class from theatre school because everyone and their uncle wanted to sing it) know his beautiful song, 'I'd Rather Be Sailing' from 'A New Brain'. A less well-known, but still wonderful song of his is 'Set Those Sails' from 'In Trousers' - Finn's first-produced show. These two tunes were given a good ol' mash-up for a recent Off-Broadway revue entitled 'Make Me a Song' featuring Finn's music from various projects. The end result was this song that I often play for hours and hours... and even more hours on repeat. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment