Sunday 3 February 2013

'30 Days of Creative Inspiration' Day 5: A Quote by a Favourite Playwright

This blog entry means I am now caught up to date with my schedule of '30 Days of Inspiration'. Back on track! ....I'm really enjoying this little project so far. I think it's important to grant oneself the time each day to allow room for inspiration, no matter how crazy busy life can get. I know for me, with tech beginning for 'A Night of Shanley', things have felt really tumultuous and really stressful lately. This inspiration project has reminded me daily how much I really love the work.

Tonight's post is a quick one - it's one of many brilliant quotes by John Patrick Shanley, the playwright who is the inspiration for my company Half-Pint Theatre's show, 'A Night of Shanley'. Enjoy friends, and see you tomorrow.
"Choose life over the other stuff. Get out of your head. Live. Dress up. Eat. Touch people. Help out. Give up. Love people. Give your best away. There's more. What's the problem? Relax. You're going to die. Throw a party. Eat off my plate. Sing to me. Meet me in the bedroom. Get a massage. Give one. Let your amazement out into the room. Pry open the box you hide your joy in. Be a poem."
                  - John Patrick Shanley


No comments:

Post a Comment